terms and conditions
Service Provider: Upon Acceptance (as defined below), Intelligent Computing Solutions, Inc., a/k/a ICS (“ICS”) will provide and Client will purchase the services and products (“the Services”) selected on the first page of this Application for Service and Agreement (“Agreement”) during the Term, under the terms and conditions set forth below and in ICS’s Tariffs and AUP (as defined below). “ICS” means Intelligent Computing Solutions, Inc., a/k/a ICS or its affiliate(s) certified in Client’s state(s) to provide the Services.
Acceptance by ICS: This Agreement is not enforceable until accepted by ICS. If Client fails to provide complete, accurate, and satisfactory installation, credit or other required information, or if ICS is unable to provide the Services due to unavailability of facilities or any other reason, ICS may, in its sole discretion, reject Client’s Application for Service. “Acceptance” will occur upon the earlier of commencement of the Services or Client’s first invoice date. ICS makes no representation as to when Service will commence. ICS will use commercially reasonable efforts to initiate Service, but Client understands that service initiation may be dependent upon the actions of third parties not in ICS’s control.
Term: The initial Term for any Services will begin upon Acceptance of those Services and will continue for the number of Months set forth on the first page of this Agreement or on a Multiple Location Form, as applicable. For purposes of this Agreement, “Month” will mean a full billing cycle. If one or more Multiple Locations Forms are included in this Agreement, this Agreement will remain in effect until the last to expire of the Terms set forth on the first page or on any Multiple Location Form. Upon completion of a Term, except where prohibited by law, the Term will automatically renew for a period of 12 Months, unless ICS receives written notice of non-renewal to ICS at least 30 days prior to the end of the current Term. The rate(s) in the renewal term shall be the same rate(s) in the client’s existing agreement, unless the Client is notified in writing of the rate change(s) at least sixty (60) days prior to the end of the term. In the event Client continues to use Services without renewing a term plan, ICS’s month-to-month rates will apply.
Tariffs and AUP: Client understands that in addition to the terms and conditions explicitly set forth in this Agreement, ICS’s relevant state and federal tariffs, as modified from time to time (the “Tariffs”), will govern this Agreement and the provision and use of the Services and are incorporated herein. Tariffs are published with the Illinois Commerce Commission. Use of all Internet Services must comply with ICS’s Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which may be modified from time to time and is published at www.ics-il.com.
Multiple Locations: If one or more Multiple Location Forms are initialed by Client and attached to this Agreement, ICS shall provide, and Client shall purchase, the Services set forth therein for each location that has been accepted by ICS.
Client Satisfaction Guarantee: If ICS fails to resolve any Major Service Outage within 3 business days from Client’s notification to ICS via 1-866-323-2798, Client may, for the affected Client location(s) only, convert to its previous provider(s) (or other provider(s) if Client had no previous provider(s)), without liability for an early termination charge and ICS will pay such provider(s)’ standard tariffed conversion charge.
Price Guarantee: For Terms of 12 months or longer: (a) ICS will not increase Client’s tariffed monthly recurring rates for the Services (excluding taxes and surcharges) during the Term, and (b) if ICS’s standard tariffed Service rates for the same term plan decrease during the Term, Client will have the right to enter into a new agreement for the Services for a new Term at least as long as the original Term.
Moves and Disconnection of Service: To disconnect Services, Client must inform ICS in writing of Client’s desired disconnect date, by letter addressed to: Client Services, ICS Inc. 16256 Crego Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115. If Client desires to move Services to another location, Client shall provide ICS at least 30 day notice by calling 866-323-2798. If ICS is able to continue providing Services, Client shall pay ICS’s applicable standard tariffed service activation and install charges for each new location. If ICS determines, in its sole discretion, that it is unable to provide Services at the new location, ICS shall have no obligation to do so, and Client may terminate such Services as prescribed in Section 9.
Early Termination: Except as set forth in Section 8 above, if this Agreement or any Service is terminated after installation but prior to the end of the Term (including any lines ported to another carrier), for any reason other than pursuant to the Client Satisfaction Guarantee, Client shall, immediately upon demand, pay ICS an early termination charge equal to 85% of the remaining contract or $3,000.00, whichever is less. If Client cancels a service order after signing an Agreement but prior to Acceptance or disconnects within three (3) days of initiating service, Client shall pay ICS a fee of One hundred fifty and 00/100 ($150.00) Dollars for its operating and handling expenses in addition to expenses incurred by ICS purchasing equipment directly related to your new service and directly attributed labor expenses (including sub-contractor labor). ICS shall have the right to terminate the Services due to Client’s non-payment, breach of this Agreement, misuse of the Services or due to other reasons in accordance with and as set forth in the Tariffs.
Resale and Use of Services: Client or any of its authorized representatives shall not resell or redistribute the Services without the prior written approval of an Authorized ICS Representative. ICS shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement in the event of a violation of this.
Assignment: Client shall not assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of ICS, which shall not unreasonably be withheld. In the event of any attempted assignment or change in control of Client’s equity or assets (including change in control of a Service location) without such consent, ICS will have the right to terminate this Agreement and Client will be liable for the early termination charge described in Section 9 above. Client has no right in, and no right to assign, any telephone number used by Client. ICS has the right to assign this Agreement at any time.
Limitation of Liability: ICS’s liability to Client or to third parties for any cause of action arising out of this Agreement or the Services shall in no event exceed the limitation of liability set forth in the Tariffs, or, if there are no applicable Tariff provisions, the total amount paid for the affected Service for the period in which Service was interrupted or unavailable. Under no circumstances shall Client hold ICS liable for damages arising from delays in commencement of the Service, loss of information, numbering or directory listing errors, loss of business, pre-existing contracts or obligations (including any minimum payment or usage agreement), however arising. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL ICS BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
Governing Law and Venue: This Agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. The parties’ consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in DeKalb County, Illinois.
Payment Obligations: Client shall pay for all Services provided by ICS at the rates set forth in this Agreement and the Tariffs. In the event of any conflict between the rates set forth in this Agreement and those in the Tariffs, this Agreement shall control. All past due invoices are subject to interest at the lower of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permitted by law. All invoices not disputed in writing by Client within 30 days from the invoice date, or such other period as stated in the Tariffs, shall be deemed binding on Client. In the event of a dispute, Client shall pay all undisputed amounts by the due date. Client agrees to pay all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney’s fees for any past due amounts and other actions. ICS may require Client to make a reasonable security deposit at any time. Monthly recurring charges shall be billed one month in advance.
Rates, Taxes, and Surcharges: Additional taxes and surcharges may be imposed in addition to the rates specified on the first page of this Agreement or on a Multiple Location Form. Taxes and surcharges may be subject to change without notice, consistent with federal and state laws and regulations. Rates are based on ICS’s bundled Service offerings and vary with quantity and types of Services purchased. ICS may modify Client’s rates due to changes in the quantity and/or types of Services purchased, Client’s failure to meet any required minimum, or, ICS’s determination that, despite exercising reasonable efforts, installation of the Services as requested is not feasible.
E-mail Notification: Client agrees that ICS may contact Client via e-mail for service and marketing notifications (e.g., service initiation and service and product information). Client will hold ICS, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any liability arising from ICS’s communication with Client via e-mail or the Internet.
Equipment: ICS-provided customer premises equipment (“CPE”) will at all times remain the property of ICS. In the event that Client fails to return any CPE to ICS (or, at ICS’s option, to permit recovery of CPE by ICS) in good working order, reasonable wear and tear excepted, within 30 days after the termination or expiration of this Agreement, Client shall be responsible for the full replacement cost and shall pay to ICS all recovery charges and any other charges set forth in the Tariffs. ICS makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to CPE. Warranties are specifically disclaimed in the Tariffs.
General Terms: This Agreement together with the Tariffs, AUP, Multiple Location Form(s) and Additional Pricing Form(s) (if applicable) and Letter of Agency constitute the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the Services. There are no other written or oral understandings, promises or agreements related hereto. No agreement will be accepted by ICS that is modified in any way by the client or any authorized representative of Client, including handwritten modifications and strikeouts. Amendments and waivers to this Agreement will be valid only if in writing and executed by an authorized representative of Client and a ICS authorized representative. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
Severability: If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable by reason of the operation of any applicable law, or by reason of the interpretation placed hereon by any court or other governmental body, (i) this Agreement shall be construed as not containing such provision and a substitute provision shall be inserted therefor by such court or other governmental body which effectuates to the maximum extent permitted by law the intent of this Agreement, and (ii) any and all other provisions hereof which otherwise are lawful and valid shall remain in full force and effect.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement, together with the Tariffs, contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings between the parties (whether written or oral) with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Amendment: This Agreement may be amended, modified or superseded, and any of the terms, covenants or conditions hereof may be waived, only by written instrument executed by all of the parties hereto.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Data Services
E-mail: If Client has not ordered e-mail Services with the initial order for Services, Client may do so at any time, but e-mail Services may be delayed by at least two weeks after an access line is installed.
Inside Wire: If Client has selected ICS to install inside wire, ICS will do so at prevailing rates.
IP Addresses: IP Addresses are not portable and are not assigned for independent administration or distribution. IP assignments cannot be guaranteed and may be modified by ICS or the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN).
Additional Terms and Conditions for Voice Services
Traceback Investigations: Client is required to participate to the extent required in all traceback investigations to identify the source of illegal calls being placed through their accounts.
NOTICE OF CLIENT’S RIGHTS CONCERNING CUSTOMER PROPRIETARY NETWORK INFORMATION (“CPNI”): CPNI includes the Client’s Service selections, feature selections, demographic information, and usage data for the Services. CPNI does not include Client’s name and address. ICS has an obligation under federal law to protect the confidentiality of Client’s CPNI. By signing this Agreement, Client authorizes ICS to record, maintain, modify, use, and exchange Client’s CPNI (i) to install and manage the Services, (ii) to enhance the benefits of Client’s existing Services, and (iii) to enhance ICS’s ability to offer products and services tailored to Client’s needs, by determining whether additional local, long-distance, data, CPE, Internet, wireless, or other services would be of benefit to Client. Client may deny ICS’s use of CPNI at any time by written notification to Client Services, ICS Inc., 16256 Crego Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115. Client’s approval or denial will be effective until revoked. Denial will not affect the provision, management, or quality of Services that Client receives from ICS. Client is under no obligation regarding new Services unless Client explicitly agrees to accept them. Client shall indemnify and hold harmless ICS from any and all liability resulting from ICS’s authorized use of Client’s CPNI.
ICS Acceptable Use Policies
You shall not use the services of Intelligent Computing Solutions, Inc. (ICS) for any illegal, fraudulent, improper, or abusive purpose or in any way that interferes with ICS’s ability to provide high-quality services to other customers, prevents or restricts other customers from using the services, or damages any of ICS’s or its other customers’ property. If ICS finds that you are using the services for anything other than the permitted uses in this Agreement or for any of the prohibited uses in this Agreement, ICS may at its sole discretion suspend or terminate your service and charge you any applicable fees for the services used plus damages caused by your improper use.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior that is illegal, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, malicious, infringing, tortious, or invasive of another’s privacy.
- Sending unsolicited messages or advertisements, including voice calls, email, voicemail, SMS, or faxes (commercial or otherwise) (“spamming”), or otherwise sending bulk or junk calls, email, voicemail, SMS, or faxes.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Negligently, recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally transmitting any material that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
- Creating a false Caller ID Identity (“ID spoofing”) or forged email or SMS address or header, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any communication made using the services.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the foreign or domestic intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Violating any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported through the services.
- Utilizing the services in excess of what, in ICS’s sole discretion, would be expected of normal business use, including, without limitation, allowing more than one user to use a single voice line or using a single voice line in excess of what would be expected of a single user.
- Using the services in any way that interferes with other customers’ and third parties’ use and enjoyment of the services or use the services in any manner which disrupts, prevents, or restricts any other customer from using the services
- Using or employing methods or devices that are designed or likely to take advantage of, bypass, exploit, or otherwise avoid this Use Policy.
- Using the applications or services to store Protected Health Information (PHI) on a non-temporary basis.
- If you are a HIPAA-covered entity, using the applications or services to transmit, receive, or store PHI without activation of the ICS HIPAA Conduit setting, if applicable.
You further understand and agree that:
- You shall be solely liable for any transmissions sent and data stored through the services under your account, including the content of any transmission sent and data stored through the services under your account.
- You will abide by all applicable ICS policies, procedures, and agreements related to the services
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the services, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the services through password mining or any other means.
- Your use of the services is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, securities laws, and false advertising).
In addition, some of ICS’s plans and other services are offered on an “unlimited” basis. All unlimited plans:
- May only be used for normal business use.
- Are provided only for dialog between two individuals at one time per line.
- Exclude international calling, which is available for an additional fee.
- Are issued on a “one (1) user per line basis”, meaning that only one registered user may be assigned to use the services for any one line.
Unlimited plans also may not be used for any of the following prohibited uses (which are in addition to the other prohibited uses applicable to all services):
- Trunking or forwarding your ICS number to another phone number(s) capable of handling multiple simultaneous calls or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system.
- Spamming or blasting, e.g., sending one hundred (100) or more bulk or junk voicemail or faxes simultaneously.
- Bulk call-in lines, e.g., customer support or sales call centers, “hotlines,” 900 numbers, sports line numbers, etc.
- Auto-dialing or “predictive” dialing, i.e., non-manual dialing or using a software program or other means to continuously dial or place outbound calls.
In addition, unusually high usage of the services may impair ICS’s ability to provide high-quality services to others or indicate unauthorized use of the services, in which case ICS may suspend or terminate your account or, upon prior notice, convert your account to a metered calling plan that charges significantly higher usage rates.
ICS reserves the right to switch you, the customer, to metered long distance in the event that ICS determines that the minutes per month exceed the average monthly usage standards as established by all businesses.
ICS further reserves the right to add to, modify or amend this Use Policy at any time for any reason at its sole discretion.
Our Privacy Commitments
Our privacy commitments are important to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us – including our customers and web site visitors.
The Quick Summary:
- We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
- We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period!
How should this Policy be used?
We encourage you to read the whole policy, so you will fully understand our relationship. To find specific information, here is an outline of where you will find answers to your questions about key topics:
Questions about the Scope of this Policy
To whom does the Policy apply?
What does this Policy cover?
Do you have any Privacy Policies other than this one?
What about my family members and other users of my ICS account? Does this Policy apply to them?
Yes. You’re responsible for making sure all family members or other users under your account understand and agree to this Policy. Get everyone together and talk about it.
When is information not covered by this Policy?
- When you use non-ICS Wi-Fi services
- When you download applications or make purchases from other companies while using our Internet or wireless services;
- When you go to a non-ICS website from one of our websites or applications (by clicking on a link or an advertisement, for example);
- When you give your information to another company through a website co-branded by ICS but controlled by the other company;
- If you use public forums – such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs – the information is publicly available, and we cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties;
- Information about your location, usage and the numbers you dial when you’re out and about and roaming on the network of another company;
- When you purchase or use non-ICS products (such as wireless devices, internet browsers and mobile applications) in combination with our services;
- When we license our brand to other companies for their use in marketing and selling certain non-ICS products and services, information you give those companies is not covered by this Policy.
What about business customers?
We may have written product or service agreements with our business customers that contain specific provisions about confidentiality, security or handling of information. When one of these agreements differs from or conflicts with this Policy the terms of those agreements will apply. In all other instances the terms of this Policy apply.
Questions About the Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
What information do we collect?
We may collect different types of information based on your use of our products and services or if any lawful intercept request is made.
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you. We get this information when you order or register for our services. This would include information like your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Billing Information related to your financial relationships with us, such as the services we provide to you, the telephone numbers you call and text, your payment history, your credit history, your credit card numbers, Social Security number, security codes and your service history.
Technical & Usage Information related to the services we provide to you, including information about how you use our networks, services, products or websites. Some examples include:
- Equipment Information that identifies the equipment on our networks, such as equipment type, device identifiers, device status, serial numbers, settings, configuration and software.
- Network Performance & Usage Information about the operation of the equipment, services and applications you use on our networks.
- Examples of this might include wireless device location, the number of text messages sent and received, voice minutes used, calling and texting records, bandwidth used, and resources you use when uploading, downloading, or streaming data to and from the Internet.
- We also collect information like transmission rates and delays, data associated with remote monitoring services, and security characteristics.
- Some Network Performance & Usage Information and some Billing Information is Customer Proprietary Network Information or “CPNI.” Unique rules apply to CPNI. Click here to learn more.
- Web Browsing & Mobile Application Information such as IP addresses, URLs, data transmission rates and delays.
- We also learn about the pages you visit, the time you spend, the links or advertisements you see and follow, the search terms you enter, how often you open an application, how long you spend using the app and other similar information.
How Do We Collect Information?
In three basic ways:
- You give it to us when you make a purchase or set up an account with us;
- We obtain information from outside sources like credit reports, marketing mailing lists, and commercially available geographic and demographic information along with other publicly available information, such as public posts to social networking sites.
How Do We Use This Information?
We use your information to improve your experience and to make our business stronger. Some examples include:
- Providing and managing your services, responding to your questions and addressing problems;
- Delivering customized content, or advertising, such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Communicating service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Protecting network integrity and security, ensuring quality control, optimizing capacity, and preventing misuse;
- Network enhancement planning, engineering, and technical support;
- Conducting research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing our networks and our services;
- Preventing illegal activities, suspected fraud, and potential threats to our networks and our customers’ networks;
- Investigating violations of our Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policies, or other service conditions or restrictions;
- Protecting the safety of any person;
- If we get your written consent to share information with outside parties.
Questions About Information Sharing
Do we provide information for phone books and Caller ID?
Yes and No.
- Yes, we share the names, addresses and telephone numbers of our wire-line telephone customers with businesses that publish directories and provide directory assistance services. If we are required by law to do that. You may contact us and we honor your request for non-published or non-listed phone numbers. Once we provide published listing information to those businesses, they may use, sort, package, repackage and make it available again in different formats to anyone.
- Yes, we also provide wire-line name and number information for Caller ID, and related services like Call Trace, which allow a person receiving a call to obtain the name and number of the party calling them.
- No, we do not give listing information for wireless numbers to phone book publishers or directory assistance services without your permission.
Do we share your Personal Information internally?
Do we share your Personal Information with other non-ICS companies for them to market to me?
We currently do not share customer information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Are there any other times when you might provide my Personal Information to other non-ICS companies or entities?
- Comply with court orders, subpoenas, lawful discovery requests, and other legal or regulatory requirements, and to enforce our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Obtain payment or make refunds for products and services that appear on your ICS billing statements, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts, or refund obligations to third parties for collection or payment;
- Enforce our agreements and protect our rights or property;
- Assist with identity verification and e-mail address validation;
- Respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Notify, respond or provide information (including location information) to a responsible governmental entity in emergency or exigent circumstances or in situations involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury;
- Notify the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of information concerning child pornography of which we become aware through the provision of our services.
Questions About My Information and Advertising
Do you use my information to send me advertising?
We may use any information we gather about your preferences as demonstrated by your use of websites and applications to provide you with advertisements and marketing information about our services. Those ads may be delivered on our websites and mobile applications. This is called “first party” advertising. It is part of our service relationship and you are not able to opt-out from this type of advertising.
Questions About Aggregate and Anonymous Information
Where do you get anonymous information?
Sometimes we’ll collect information about how you use our products using cookies and other similar technologies. This information doesn’t include your Personal Information and is considered anonymous. When we collect information that identifies you personally, we may anonymize it for certain purposes. We remove data fields (such as name, address, and telephone number) that can reasonably be used to identify you. We also use a variety of statistical techniques and operational controls to anonymize data. Anonymizing information is one of the tools we use to protect your privacy.
What is aggregate information?
Aggregate information is a form of anonymous information. We combine data that meet certain criteria into anonymous groups. For example, we might want to compare how customers in Sycamore, IL (or any city, county or ZIP-code) use their services to how customers in Dekalb, IL use their services. In order to do that, we would combine customer data in each of the geographies into anonymous groups and look at all that aggregate data to understand how the two groups are different or similar.
Do you collect information about my children’s use?
We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian.
What happens when my child is using an account not registered to them?
Internet and wireless devices and services purchased for family use may be used by children without our knowledge. When that happens, information collected may appear to us to be associated with the adult customer who subscribes to our services and will be treated as the adult’s information under this Policy.
What can I do to help better protect my child’s information?
We encourage you to spend time online with your children, and to participate in and monitor their online activity.
What if my child has a ICS e-mail sub-account?
If you create a ICS e-mail sub-account for a child under the age of 13:
- With your permission, we may collect your child’s name, nicknames, and aliases, alternative e-mail address, birth date, gender, and ZIP-code;
- We use the information collected on sub-accounts to create and maintain those accounts;
- We will not contact a child under the age of 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without parental consent;
- You or your child can review, edit, update, and delete information relating to your child’s sub-account and, if you no longer wish your child to have such an account, you can revoke your consent at any time, by logging on to manage your account here.
You may e-mail us at email@example.com, call us at 866-323-2798 or write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Department,
16256 Crego Rd.
DeKalb, IL 60115
Questions About Data Protection & Security
Do we sell your Personal Information?
No. We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone, for any purpose. Period!
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We keep your Personal Information as long as we need it for business, tax or legal purposes. After that, we destroy it by making it unreadable or undecipherable.
What safeguards does ICS have in place?
We’ve worked hard to protect your information. And we’ve established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information we collect secure. Some examples of those safeguards include:
- All of our employees are subject to the ICS Code of Business Conduct (COBC) and certain state-mandated codes of conduct. Under the COBC, all employees must follow the laws, rules, regulations, court and/or administrative orders that apply to our business – including, specifically, the legal requirements and company policies surrounding the privacy of communications and the security and privacy of your records. We take this seriously, and any of our employees who fail to meet the standards we’ve set in the COBC are subject to disciplinary action. That includes dismissal.
- We’ve implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information. Some examples are:
- Maintaining and protecting the security of computer storage and network equipment, and using our security procedures that require employee user names and passwords to access sensitive data;
- Applying encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by us;
- Limiting access to Personal Information to only those with jobs requiring such access; and
- Requiring caller/online authentication before providing Account Information so that only you or someone who knows your Account Information will be able to access or change the information.
- Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy).
Will you notify me in case of a security breach?
Laws and regulations guide us in how to give you a notification when certain types of sensitive information are involved in a security breach. We will provide you with notice in accordance with these laws and regulations.
Can I review and correct my Personal Information?
Yes. We are happy to help you review and correct the Personal Information we have associated with your account and billing records within a reasonable time.
Questions About Future Changes
What happens if there is a change in corporate ownership?
Information about our customers and users, including Personal Information, may be shared and transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider.
Will I be notified if there are changes to this policy?
Relevant Advertising: Opt-out of Relevant Advertising delivered by ICS here.
Do I have choices about receiving first party advertisements from ICS?
Because first-party advertising is part of the service you receive when you visit our websites and use our applications, we don’t offer an opt-out for first-party advertising.
Can I choose not to receive marketing and other types of communication from ICS?
We realize that unwanted marketing contacts can be a hassle and we’ve worked hard to meet the expectations of customers and potential customers who have expressed a desire to limit certain types of solicitation communications from us.
- E-Mail: Every marketing e-mail we send contains instructions and a link that will allow you to stop additional marketing e-mails for that product or service type. You also can unsubscribe from ICS marketing e-mails here.
- Text Messages: Opt-out of ICS marketing text message contacts by replying “stop” to any message.
- ICS Consumer Telemarketing: Ask to be removed from our consumer telemarketing lists by contacting us at one of the numbers listed here. You also can ask the ICS representative to remove you from our telemarketing lists when you receive a marketing or promotional call from us.
- ICS Business Telemarketing: Where required by local laws and/or regulations, we honor requests to be removed from our telemarketing lists from business customers.
- Federal Do Not Call: The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov, and some states in the United States may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our ICS telemarketing calls to that number.
- Postal Mail: To review our Residential Do Not Mail Policy Statement and to limit postal mail solicitations, click here. You will still receive billing statements, legal notices, product updates and other similar correspondence, and you may still receive some promotional mailings.
All of our practices are designed to satisfy state, provincial and federal legal requirements limiting marketing contacts. Those laws and regulations – such as the requirements governing the state and federal “Do Not Call” lists – generally permit companies to contact their own current and, in some cases, former customers, even when those customers are listed on the federal and state “Do Not Call” lists.
Automated Calls or Messages: In some cases, we will ask for your permission to send you automated calls or messages to your mobile phone. To opt out of these calls or messages from ICS, please go to Manage Your Privacy choices. As required or allowed by law, even if you opt out, ICS may continue to contact you with automated calls or messages at the telephone number issued by us for certain important informational messages about your service. For example, we may need to let you know about a problem with your wireless service.
How to Contact Us About This Policy
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at ICS Inc., Attn. Privacy Department, 16256 Crego Rd., DeKalb, IL 60115
- You also have the option of filing a complaint with the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, using an online form, or by calling toll-free 877.FTC.HELP (877.328.4357; TTY: 866.653.4261). Other rights and remedies also may be available to you under federal or other applicable laws.
Reach out to us at our contact page.